Friday, January 10, 2014

Prayer Requests

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." Colossians 4:2

Since the start of this blog I have prayed that God would use it to impact the lives of others for His Kingdom and glory. One of the things I feel called to do is use Friday as a day for prayer requests. Many of those who read are the people God has used to daily cover my children and me in prayer, and this is an easy way for me to update my prayer needs.

This is also an easy way for me to become a prayer warrior for each of you! I want to be able to pray over each of your needs, and I want others (who feel called to) to do the same thing. If you have a need, please leave it as a comment, so that we, as a community, can lift one another up. There is power in prayer!

Prayer Requests
  • Please pray for my emotional healing during the divorce process. Pray that I will feel God's love, and that I will accept this as the only love I need. Pray that I am filled with His joy, and that I handle the divorce process with grace.
  • Please pray that God would shield me from allowing my fears of the unknown to overwhelm me. Pray that I trust God with where I am going in this life.  
  • Please pray for my sweet children - Baylor (3) and Addison (2). Pray specifically for their ability to adjust as this is obviously difficult on them. Also, pray for God's protection over their hearts and minds. 
  • Please pray for my parents as they have taken on a totally new role in life - from empty nesters to a house full of little ones. 
  • Please pray for the precious baby due in March. 
  • Please pray for God's provision - specifically financially. Pray that I trust in Him alone to handle these details of my life.
I also ask that you lift up the Menees family. 

A picture of their family from a recent vacation they took.

Below is an excerpt from Julianne's Facebook regarding her mother's health:

"Today was a trying day... Mom has been in the hospital last few days and has gotten significantly worse as her cancer has rapidly spread in a short time. Moms has bed fighting to stay alive to see my sister get married on 1/25. Today was a bad day, none of us knew if she would make it through.... After some pain management mom seemed to wake up a new person. My sister surprised everyone w the news that her and her fiancĂ© would be getting married in the hospital chapel on Friday bc bottom line she wants mom there (but since her wedding is paid for she still will be having it on the 25th) Ppl hav come together in only a few hours and donated so much, a cake, bouquets, catering exc. Sometimes people wonder if God is around and he is. I saw him work so many things today, he worked through so many people. We are ar peace and are blessed and beyond grateful!"

Pray for comfort and peace for this sweet family as they face such a difficult time.


This quote from Max Lucado says it perfectly. There is power in prayer - not because of who we are or what we say, but because of who He is! I hope that each of you is able to experience the power of prayer in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment