Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hope

In past years ringing in the new year meant a list of resolutions that I ultimately fell short of accomplishing - always leaving me disappointed and feeling inferior to those who never wavered from their resolutions. However, this year I have adopted a new philosophy. Instead of making a list of resolutions, I have adopted a word for me and my children. That word is hope.

In scripture, hope means a "strong and confident expectation". One article I read put hope in this manner, "a biblical hope is not an escape from reality or from problems. It doesn’t leave us idle, drifting or just rocking on the front porch. If our hope is biblical and based on God's promises, it will put us in gear." I love this!! Hope is not a passive activity, but it is dynamic and life sustaining. Hope has results. It changes the way we see ourselves, changes what we value, and affects what we do with our lives. Hope has rewards and blessings. It gives us joy, peace, protection, strength, courage, and boldness.

In 2014, I pray that we find hope in our circumstances. As we wait patiently for the pain of this season to pass, I hope we can make priceless memories and develop new traditions as our own little family of soon to be 4. I hope for the perfect job, hope for a healthy baby, hope for healing in our hearts, hope for new love in our life, hope to be able to impact God's kingdom with our story, and most importantly hope that we never forget the goodness of our Savior as we walk through the storm. 

In order to constantly remind myself of this hope we have, I have searched for verses that focus on hope. Each month I am challenging myself to commit to memory one of these verses. For January, I have chosen Romans 12:12. 

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

What are you hoping for in the New Year? 




No comments:

Post a Comment