Friday, January 31, 2014

Obedience

via Pinterest
God's timing is something that never ceases to amaze me. At the beginning of January, my mentor and dear friend invited me to attend bible study with her - a study on the book of Daniel. I agreed to attend, but I had no clue how perfectly this study would fit into my life. 

Daniel was a boy (who grew into a grown man) that obeyed God no matter the cost! At a young age, God allowed Daniel to be taken from his home, his family, his friends - his everything. And yet, Daniel remained obedient to God despite the circumstances. You see, Daniel feared God more than he did man. Daniel did what he knew to be obedient according to the law, and God blessed his obedience. God's provision and miraculous intervention in Daniel's life is overwhelming to recount.

Just like Daniel, I know the truth - what God's word says to me. And I see clearly that the blessings come on the other side of the obedience. However, in certain circumstances, it is so much easier to trust myself than trust in the Lord. It is much easier to try and fix problems myself than exercise patience and wait on the Lord's fix. But how wrong I am to do those things. In my decisions of disobedience, I am making the choice to forfeit the blessing on the other side by living in my selfish pride. 

Thankfully God, unlike man, is full of grace. And, thankfully He has shown light on this area of my life in His process to refine me. Because I want to be a Daniel. I want my life to be defined by my obedience to the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I have been doing a chronological reading plan through the Bible and one of the things that has struck me is how wildly messed up the people are through whom God has chosen to have His story play out. The common thread through them all seems to be their obedience to Him despite their repeated missteps in life. It makes me wonder what God can accomplish through me if I am obedient to His calling.

    ReplyDelete