"God, what good is going to come out of this? Why would you allow this to happen? Motherhood is by far the most rewarding job ever, but God, you know how exhausting it is!"
So many moms of three kids have told me how three is an absolute game changer - how difficult it is - how exhausted they are. And here I am embarking on not only the new challenge of being a single mom, but a newly single mom with a third child on the way. Talk about being discouraged!
And then, through the tears, God once again reveals himself to me.
He reminds me that Satan wants to destroy me!
Satan wants to speak nothing but despair in my life!
Satan wants my divorce and the circumstances surrounding it to nearly kill me physically, emotionally, and spiritually!
Satan desperately wants to win this battle!
But my Savior, Jesus Christ, has promised me so much more! He has given me an entire book of His promises. And His promises are good and true!
- "Fear not, for I am with you. I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 - TRUTH
- "God can restore what is broken and change it into something amazing, all you need is faith." Joel 2:25 - TRUTH
- "I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4 - TRUTH
- "Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:33 - TRUTH
- "Blessed is she who believed that the Lord would fulfill His promises to her." Luke 1:45
Oh how deeply I desire my faith to permeate every facet of my life starting with a unequivocal trust that the Lord will fulfill His promises to me. He will uphold me. He will carry me. He will rescue me. He will provide for me. He will bless me in my obedience of him!